Thursday, May 27, 2010

The days that were ordained for me...

Today is my third wedding anniversary with my husband. We are so blessed to have one another and still be just as in love - or moreso - than when we got married. But I was thinking this morning about where we were one year ago today, on our second anniversary...

We were watching our little baby swim around in my tummy, seeing her face for the first time, not yet even knowing she was a girl. I remember how excited and amazed I felt knowing I was bringing life into the world, and how badly I just wanted her born so I could hold her and love her and she could start her life. 

My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them.
- Psalm 139:15-16

I read those verses this morning and lost my breath. 

That excitement that I felt during my pregnancy - that intense longing for Anna's life to begin so I could know her and watch her grow - God felt that for both of us (all of us) for millennia, even eternity, before we were born! I don't know why it surprised me - why should He rejoice less in the birth of His children than we do in ours? Yet still, I love that by making us parents, the Father gives us tiny glimpses into Himself and how much He loves us. He is the ultimate ultrasound machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment