Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Living and Active Word for Me

"Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare."


- Isaiah 55:2

I am in the middle of reading "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore right now (it sounds like Beth Moore is all I ever read, doesn't it?) and this just popped up as one of our memory verses. I am so amazed! God has consolidated two of my biggest concerns right now and given me a verse to memorize to help me along the way.

Forgive me for taking this verse a bit literally - I do understand that this verse is not technically about spending money and eating. But metaphorical as it may be, it applies to me in a very simple way. I love it when God does that! He not only wrote a love letter to humanity in His word, but "the word of God is living and active" (Heb 4:12, NASB) and meant for each of us individually as well as for the entire church body collectively.

So yes, I am willing to admit to you all that finances and weight loss have been heavy (ha ha) in my prayers recently. Praise God that He answers - and He answers specifically!

My biggest problem now is going to be remembering what He said. Thankfully He gave me a memory verse as His answer. He knows me too well, it seems.

Thank You, Lord, for listening to and answering my prayers. Thank You for Your sound advice. And thank You for increasing my faith in You yet again. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment