Monday, February 22, 2010

Prayers and Provisions

So many things on my mind today - it's hard to decide where to begin.


I woke up this morning not realizing that I had been waiting for today. I am not good with dates and I hardly ever know what day of the week it is, much less day of the month. But eventually, I realized that it is February 22nd - the first anniversary of both my baptism and the day I found out I was pregnant with my little angel.


It's so strange to think about how much can happen in just one year. One year ago today I was publicly proclaiming my love for Jesus in front of strangers for the first time. It was important to me - but I was barely paying attention because my mind was reeling so much from the positive pregnancy test I'd just had. A year ago today I was living in a rental house on the other side of town, and absolutely convinced it would be five years before we owned a home of our own. I was dreaming about the little sleep-sounds I'm listening to right now on the baby monitor. I was praising God that He had been so faithful to answer my prayers. I distinctly remember a morning in early February last year when I was down on my knees praying for this baby. Little did I know, God had already delivered her into my womb. One year ago today, I was ready to start a new adventure in so many areas of my life.


Life is so cyclical. Right now, I'm getting ready to start another adventure. God has been faithful to answer yet another prayer - and again He answered it long before I even prayed it. 


I quit my job last week. Yes, I finally trusted God enough to take the step of obedience I'd been feeling called to for so long. And today, within a week of finally placing my faith in Him, we were given a financial blessing completely out of the blue. Adam's dad had some savings bonds for him that we didn't know about, and they will more than cover the amount of my salary for the next few months as we adjust to being a one-income household. 


It is so amazing to me to think that ten years ago, God knew exactly where we'd be today and exactly what we'd need, and He made provision for that. It so makes me wish I had been obedient earlier - who knows what blessings we missed out on because of my reluctance.


All my fears have melted away. The worst - breaking the news to my bosses - is over, and I can finally start looking toward the future. Hallelujah and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment