Monday, March 1, 2010

The New Self

Where do I even start this blog? I am so overwhelmed by God's amazing faithfulness that I am beside myself.

If you've been following this blog since the beginning, you know that I've really felt God working hard on me since the beginning of this year. I know it has only been two months, but the transformation continues to astound me. It is like He is making a whole new Sarah! I know I was reborn the day I accepted Jesus, but it feels almost like I am going through the whole process again.

Ephesians 4:22-24 says that when you truly know God, "you lay aside the old self, which is being corrupted in accordance with the lusts of deceit, and that you be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth." I feel like although I know I was given a new self and a new spirit when I was saved, I am just now shedding my old skin and putting on that new self. It is amazing! And strangely, I don't miss my old self at all.

Of course, I know that these things take time. As great as I feel right now, I know God is getting ready to go really deep into my soul and wrench out some of the things that the old Sarah is still holding onto - things I thought were just ingrained in me and that I couldn't ever be free of. I am really looking forward to it. I think a lot of those things are actually causing me pain, but I have been dealing with it for so long I don't know what it's like to be free of that pain. I can't wait to find out.

I am learning that God can do things even more miraculous than I had ever thought possible. Yay, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment